Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Apologetics Quotes 1

The Apologist's Evening Prayer....
From all my lame defeats and oh! much more From all the victories that I seemed to score; From cleverness shot forth on Thy behalf at which, while angels weep, the audience laugh; From all my proofs of Thy divinity, Thou, who wouldst give no sign, deliver me. Thoughts are but coins. Let me not trust, instead of Thee, their thin-worn image of Thy head. From all my thoughts, even from my thoughts of Thee, O thou fair Silence, fall, and set me free. Lord of the narrow gate and the needle's eye, Take from me all my trumpery lest I die.
-- C.S. Lewis, Poems (New York: Harcourt, 1992), 131 * Trumpery = something showy but worthless, nonsense; rubbish, trashy (adj.)

The heart cannot delight in what the mind rejects as false.
--Clark Pinnock, Set forth Your Case: Studies in Christian Apologetic (Nutley, NJ: The Craig Press, 1967), 3.

Truth is true-even if no one knows it.
Truth is true-even if no one admits it.
Truth is true-even if no one agrees what it is.
Truth is true-even if no one follows it.
Truth is true-even if no one but God grasps it fully.
-- Paul Copan, "True For You, But Not For Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment